View Cart Button won't change

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

View Cart Button won't change

Postby joediffdez » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:44 pm

I am trying to change the color of the view cart button from the blue to red. I went to products > selected all the products > power edit > In layout column selected: View Cart Button and changed it from:

[shopsite-images]/buttons/3col-blue/btn-viewcart.png

to

[shopsite-images]/buttons/3col-red/btn-viewcart.png but it won't work.

I even changed it to an absolute path:
http://www.thebestebooksonline.com/store/shopsite-images/en-US/buttons/3col-red/btn-viewcart.png

but it won't change. The weird thing is that it worked just fine for the add to cart button. The red button does exist on the server since I am able to type in the absolute path and it will take me to the image. Unless if I need to wait some time for the server to update? I've cleared the cache and checked in different browsers but I still don't see the red View Cart button.
www.differentdezine.com
joediffdez

Re: View Cart Button won't change

Postby Jim » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Many templates use a single view cart on the page instead of one by each add to cart button. In these cases the image may be hard coded into the template or in a style sheet used by the template. It is also possible that the template could use the global button configured on Preferences > Store Text > Store pages.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby joediffdez » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:56 am

Thanks Jim,

I'm doing a custom template and using those buttons. I changed the global button on Store text > Store pages, but the page says that will work for future buttons, for existing products I have to use the PowerEdit function and change the buttons in the layout.
www.differentdezine.com
joediffdez

Postby joediffdez » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:59 am

Well Jim,

Your response led me to find out what was going on though. I, for some reason that I just can't remember right now, hard coded the blue view cart button into the template for some reason. I don't know why but all I know is I did. I changed it in the template file and all is good now. Thank you Jim for helping me think outside the box. :)
www.differentdezine.com
joediffdez

Return to Custom Template Questions