Continue as guest

General ShopSite user discussion

Continue as guest

Postby peteuga » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:04 am

Hello,
I would like to know if there is a way for a customer to continue to the shopping cart without signing in or to checkout as a guest. Currently when a customer enters something into their cart, if they would like to view the cart to know shipping, taxes, etc a popup window appears that is asking them to "Sign In" or Register a new account. I know you can just close the popup, but my customer doesn't know that.

Is there some setting that I am missing that allows the customer to continue as a guest?
peteuga

Re: Continue as guest

Postby BFChris » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:58 am

What template are you using? How large is the "Sign In" pop-up?

Once they close out that popup, nothing should really prevent them from proceeding without creating an account, based on default Shopsite settings.

What is set under Commerce Setup > Customer Registration > Configure Customer Registration ?

Does "Shoppers must register" say Yes or No?

You can also set "Ask shopper to sign-in on cart screen (via pop-up)" to Yes or No. "No" will remove the popup.

Hope this helps.

Let me know!
~~Barefoot Chris
--------------------------------
Barefoot Chris Web Design
www.barefootchris.net
BFChris

Postby peteuga » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:10 am

Thanks for the help BFChris.

OK, "Ask shopper to sign-in on cart screen" removed the popup. Was not really wanting to remove the popup as we are mostly a wholesale company and need customers to sign in to receive their tax exempt status. Just wishing that there was clear call to action that said "continue as guest".

We are using the Boilerplate theme.

Shopping Cart Template is BB-CartWithSideMenus.sst I don't remember if I had a particular reason for picking that template or if was just the one that was automatically selected.
peteuga

Postby BFChris » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:33 am

It should also be possible to add text to the popup that says "Close to continue as guest" and even make it a link that will close the modal popup, but it will likely require a template edit.

On a site I work with, there is text in the popop offering the option to continue as guest. What is the current exact wording in yours?
~~Barefoot Chris
Barefoot Chris Web Design
www.barefootchris.net
BFChris

Return to User Forum