free shipping option NOT always chosen

General ShopSite user discussion

free shipping option NOT always chosen

Postby gourmetdelights » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:46 pm

Hosting via Lexiconn (they are A++ by the way if anyone is looking for a hosting company), with ShopSite® Pro 14.0 sp3 r4

Using Firefox 107.0 64-bit (Win10) and on my website https://gourmet-delights.com

Go to Appetizers, add the Artichokes, click "view cart"

Since it is only $19.95 it doesn't meet the $50 free shipping threshold so "Standard Shipping" is chosen.

Stay in the cart and simply change quantity to 3, click update.

The Free shipping option shows up, so the customer can choose it, BUT it does NOT change the initially selected shipping option automatically.

NOW the weird thing is if you empty the cart, and repeat the procedure, then it will change the shipping option.

Switching to Chrome,107.0.5304.107 (Official Build) (64-bit) and using the "Cross sell" feature...

Add the Fishing Tea Towel from the Show All Page, view cart, Standard Shipping which is correct. Add the cross sell Smoked King Salmon, then add the cross sell Yuzu Marmalade. Free shipping shows up as an option but it doesn't default to it.

BUT if you empty the cart, and repeat, then it does automatically switch.

In both cases, the first time you visit the cart (and that is a customer, they don't fill two carts) ShopSite sets the shipping option and unless the customer choses to change it, it stays at that originally selected option. (it will remove Free Shipping if you fall below the $50 threshold which is GREAT and as hoped/expected)

Thanks for any help/insights as I spend a good hour a day with customers saying "I thought it was free shipping for overs over $50" and while I will refund their shipping charges, at least a few abandon their carts so I am literally losing sales.

YES I would love for them to see and select the BIG RED "choose free shipping" option but they don't always. :cry:
http://gourmet-delights.com
Exceptional Foods at Realistic Prices
We ship worldwide
FREE shipping to all US States, Territories, AP/AE
gourmetdelights

Return to User Forum