Cascading menus

General ShopSite user discussion

Cascading menus

Postby alanrichardtex » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:04 pm

I am trying to use cascading menus because a lot of our items have multiple drop downs which should select a different picture and sky when selected. I just started using the dark uniform theme. There are a few issues I'm having with this. The price no longer auto updates when you make a selection. Neither the "add to cart" or "details" buttons are showing up on search pages. Also it no longer shows any description on the search pages for the product, just the title. Is there a way I can fix these things?

you can see what I mean by going to my live website is alanrichardtextiles.com and searching for rollease. scroll down and you will see products looking how I had mentioned above. also click one of those products pictures to a product that does not have an add to cart button to go to their more info page and you will see the pricing not reflecting the selections until you add them to cart.

Thanks,
Adam
alanrichardtex

Re: Cascading menus

Postby cyoung » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:37 am

Cascading menus are only available on more information pages, because of the additional script needed (extra script would slow loading). Because of that, much of the product information (mostly purchase information) is stripped away for category and search results pages and is only displayed on more information pages. You could modify this with a custom product template and add elements back in, but you wouldn't be able to have the cascading menu options on category or search results pages, even with a custom product template.
cyoung

Return to User Forum