Items in cart no longer link to other pages -- anyone home?

General ShopSite user discussion

Items in cart no longer link to other pages -- anyone home?

Postby wat98sw » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:16 pm

In order to get a responsive cart going, I added a responsive theme. They all seem to have the same issues.

- Search does not work well. It does not search on the checked boxes: product name, sku, etc. It only seems to find items where search terms were specifically listed for each product.
I would like to delete this search and add google site search into the header. Since it would be silly to have two search boxes, does anyone know how to delete the one in the theme?

- When items are placed into the cart, a click on the product name would return me to the product page. Now it does not go anywhere although it looks like a link. Does anyone know about this issue?

I have posted several questions here but I do not think anyone else is out there! Very frustrated.

------------- update

On Android: when items are placed into the cart and I click on the name it returns me to the store-entrance page.
On Windows/FireFox: I click on the name and nothing happens.
On iPAD/Safari: I click on the name and it returns to the product page as it should.

1 out of 3 works!

VERY FRUSTRATING. I would read documentation for this issue but there appears to be none.

I have cycled through all of the responsive themes and some have issues:

- on an Android screen the three menu bars do not link to anything and the 'click to register' disappears. I thought the disappearing menu selection should reappear when the three menu bars are clicked but that does not appear to be the case.

- sometimes the search field hides underneath the menu header. It operates but only the bottom half of the typed in letters appear.

- when switching from one theme to another fonts become 10 em (instead of 1 em) or 10% instead of 100%. It has to be manually changed in the Layout menu each time.
wat98sw

Re: Items in cart no longer link to other pages -- anyone h

Postby Jim » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:08 am

It often helps to be able to see the problem as you are seeing it. What is the url to your store?

How are you using search? ShopSite search indexes words in product information, it does not index text on pages. What fields do you have enabled for searching? Preferences > Search Settings > Search Indexing.

What theme are you seeing the mobile issues on? Again a link to your website would be useful to see the problem you are experiencing.

The product name in the shopping cart can be made a link to the page the product was ordered from by using the setting Commerce Setup > Order System > Shopping Cart >Product name checkbox
Display as a link to the page from which it was ordered . This functionality requires that the referrer url be passed by the browser. If something is blocking that url then the location to return to would be unknown. This could happen if you are using "order buttons" from ShopSite on non-ShopSite created pages, especially the iframe version of the buttons.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby wat98sw » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:06 pm

I believe I managed to fix this. At any rate, it appears to be working.

Commerce Setup > Order System > Shopping Cart

Checked this box:

Product name
Display as a link to the page from which it was ordered
wat98sw

Postby wat98sw » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:27 pm

Figured it out but do not know how to delete this post.
wat98sw

Postby firstrunfeatures » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:23 pm

We are having a similar problem - items in the cart used to link to their respective product pages, and now they do not. We do have "Display as a link to the page from which it was ordered" checked off, as we always have. Now, instead of linking to the product's More Info URL, the cart links to a URL that looks like it's based on product #s, which defaults to our main store page.

https://firstrunfeatures.com/home_video_dvd.html

Thoughts? All of our product pages are Shopsite-generated.
firstrunfeatures

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:41 pm

This feature will normally return you to whatever page you added the product to the cart from, not specifically the More Info Page. However, if you start off from an https:// page like you example URL, then this feature won't work because the browsers don't provide an environment variable (HTTP_REFERER) that indicates the referring page if it was a https:// secure page. If you will add the product to the cart from http://firstrunfeatures.com/home_video_dvd.html then the link should still go back to the product's page that you ordered from (at least it did for me). Note that there are also some browser plugins that could cause this for non-https:// pages, too, by blocking the HTTP_REFERER for all pages, but these are not very common.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to User Forum