Zip code between cart and checkout

General ShopSite user discussion

Zip code between cart and checkout

Postby gourmetdelights » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Running ShopSite® Pro 12 sp2 r1 hosted by Lexiconn.

I get a lot of phone orders this time of year. So I'm constantly filling in "billing address" and "shipping address" for new people.

In the Shopping Cart I enter the "ship to Zip code". When I go to "checkout" that zip code is CORRECTLY in the "shipping address".

On the checkout page I then type in the billing address, which is of course different than the order I received earlier that day since this is a new customer, and use the "Check here if billing and shipping are the same" checkbox. Everything populates correctly.

BUT when I enter payment information I get the error: "Zip Code has changed. Shipping rates need to be recalculated. Please press Return to Cart. "

WHY? The correct shipping zip code was entered in the shopping cart, it has not changed during checkout. I changed the "billing zip code" but that should not matter as the shipping rates are only dependent on the shipping zip code.

Thanks.

Thanks.
http://gourmet-delights.com
Exceptional Foods at Realistic Prices
We ship worldwide
FREE shipping to all US States, Territories, AP/AE
gourmetdelights

Re: Zip code between cart and checkout

Postby Jim » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:18 pm

There is a "SuperCookie" that keeps the shoppers information when an order is placed. This cookie contains the zipcode values for shipping and billing addresses. If you are entering orders for shoppers it will keep the last information that you used, so the next time you enter an order for a different customer that cookie will have pre-filled in some of the fields including zip codes.

This supercookie is a aid to repeat shoppers since they don't have to fill in all the address each time they come to your site, but if you are using the cart in a phone in order situation and are filling in addresses for orders it can cause problems. In order to get around the cookie saving address information you should check the checkbox "Remove Shopper Cookie" on the Commerce Setup > Order System > Thank You screen. Note that not keeping the cookie will cause shoppers to always have to fill in their address information (unless they are registered and log in) so there may be a minor inconvenience for them but life will be better for your phone order entry personnel.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to User Forum