Pagination and More info pages?

General ShopSite user discussion

Pagination and More info pages?

Postby jefferis » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:51 am

I searched here an found that there is supposed to be under Publish an option to set number of items per page / pagination. I don't see that option when I go there. Concerned about smart phones and long lists.

Also, I see that the default sunglasses products have a link to the detail page for them, but I don't see that option or where to set it for my client's new inventory. I set
Use subproduct's template for More Info Pages
but that doesn't do it. Do I have to create a separate page for each product? And if so, is there a field to do that in the database for a quick upload? Got over 400 products!
TIA,
Jeff
jefferis

Re: Pagination and More info pages?

Postby Jim » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:59 am

What product level is your store, Pro, Manager or Starter? The Pagination and Inventory tracking features are only in the Pro level.
Detail pages for a product are referred to as "More Information" or "More info" pages. This feature is in Pro and Manager level. You enable the More info pages on the Products > Edit Product Information screen in the section More Info Pages section found near the bottom of the page.

You can find a feature list and what product level contains the feature at: http://www.shopsite.com/scchecklist.html
Jim
Site Admin

Postby jefferis » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:02 pm

Thanks. We have Manager level.

So, if we want all 400 products to have More info page, and do it in a database, we need to upload fields for
more info page (it is a check mark... what is the value for the db? ),
More info title
More info page text
More info page image
More info Page File name (whatever.html e.g., )

Then that page is automatically linked in from the page where it is?

We also have uploaded Extra More Image fields, but without descriptions, so those are ready to display i guess if the page is active?
jefferis

Postby Jim » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:08 pm

The value for the "Display More Information Page?" field in the upload needs to be "checked" (without the quotes.
Yes you will want to populate those More info fields in your file that you upload.
You can also specify the size image to display from the resized images. I think the default is Moreinfo which would be a 1 in the More Information Image Size field and 3 for the More Info Extra Image Size field.
You can find a description of the various upload fields and their default content at http://help.shopsite.com/help/12.2/en-US/sc/pro/upload.fields.html. Note that that page is for the Pro level product so there are fields listed that are not available in the manager level, but it will give you an idea of what needs to be in the various fields. There isn't a manager version of this help page so I have logged it for our documentation team to look into.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby jefferis » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:04 pm

The value for the "Display More Information Page?" field in the upload needs to be "checked" (without the quotes.
Yes you will want to populate those More info fields in your file that you upload

I meant, what value to place in the database field when doing a global update. 0 or 1 , eg?
jefferis

Postby Jim » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:59 pm

I don't understand your question. How are you doing a "global update"?
Jim
Site Admin

Postby jefferis » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:46 am

I'm uploading an excel file ...
jefferis

Postby Jim » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:43 am

The value in the upload file for any checkbox should be "checked" (without the quotes) if you want the box checked and the field should be empty if you don't want the checkbox checked.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby jefferis » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:28 pm

You can't put a check in an excel file field. The value has to be either 0, 1, or 2 e.g. Or Yes/No.
jefferis

Postby Jim » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:55 pm

Just put the word checked not a check mark. If you can't put the word checked in the field then you must have the cell/column set to be numeric not text.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby jefferis » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:16 pm

Okay, thanks Jim,
I misread your previous reply... Most DB's I work with for a checked value are numeric. I saw what I wanted to see but not what you said :-)
jefferis

Return to User Forum