Move Pages to Child?

General ShopSite user discussion

Move Pages to Child?

Postby jefferis » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Is there any way to move a top level menu to become a child of an existing page? I am concerned if I delete and recreate the page as a child, the products linked to it will be removed?

Can it be done with a DB upload if needed?
jefferis

Re: Move Pages to Child?

Postby Jim » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:03 pm

I don't understand what you are trying to do.

If you change a pages name it will still be link with all products/pages that it is assigned to, that connection is based on the database record id not the name itself.

If you are talking about the Preferences >Navigation configuration there would be extra work to do.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby jefferis » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:49 am

I have bangles and charms pages. I want them to display under bracelets. It looks like the top menu is restricted to one level? And the site menu is not active in the current template... What I want to do is move the current top level bangles and charms pages under the existing bracelets page.

I could delete the pages in nav and try to replace them under but was concerned it might actually be removing the pages totally...
maybe that is a misunderstanding on my part.

Also, is there a specific way to activate a side menu?

TIA
Jeff
jefferis

Postby Jim » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:38 am

You can add a second or third level, etc. level to the top menu. When you want to add another level you just click on the menu item you want to place the link under and then click the Add button and you will be prompted for the link info.

There isn't a way to move a link between levels, although you can rearrange them within the level they are in using the Move up and Move down options.

To enable the side menu you need to configure it to be displayed, Preferences > Navigation > Configure > Enable Page Left or Enable Page right Links. The template must have the tags to display the side menu, not all of them do.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to User Forum