Pay by Amazon stopped working

General ShopSite user discussion

Pay by Amazon stopped working

Postby lneibauer » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:36 am

Has anyone else experienced this, my Pay by Amazon stopped working last week. We have been using pay by amazon for years now and all of a sudden last week it stopped. The pay button still shows up on the checkout page and it is a clickable button but it does not go anywhere or do anything like the PayPal button or the checkout by credit card button. Has anyone else seen this? We are one version behind on Shopsite (12 SP1 r4.0.1) and we will be upgraded on Thursday to 12 SP2. Has anyone else experienced this?

For the moment I have turned it off to save some headache for our customers.
lneibauer

Re: Pay by Amazon stopped working

Postby ShopSite David » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:21 am

In ShopSite v12 sp2 r1 and earlier Checkout By Amazon (CBA) is supported. As of last summer Amazon said they would continue to support CBA but would no longer allow new merchants to sign up for it. I have not heard of them turning off CBA for any existing merchants.

Instead of CBA they want new merchants to use Amazon Payments Advanced (APA). The same Amazon Seller account that you have with CBA will work with APA but requires some new credentials. We have completed coding and testing for APA and are about to begin beta testing. If you are interested in being a beta tester let us know.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Postby lneibauer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:49 pm

Dave,
We have completed the update to v12 sp2 r1 and I no longer see an option to turn on the "Pay by Amazon" is this something that was removed from shopsite? We are interested in becoming a beta tester for the Amazon Payments. Please let me know what we need to do.

thanks in advance
lneibauer

Postby ShopSite David » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:01 pm

Checkout by Amazon has not been removed from the latest release - v12 sp2 so I'm not sure why you are not seeing the option? Email info-team@shopsite.com and let us know what your URL is and where you are hosted so we can see if your site will work as a beta site.

Thanks.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Postby lneibauer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:25 pm

the interesting this is I see the check box on our beta site. We are hosted at Lexiconn so I will reach out to them tomorrow. I just got too late in the day to ping them
lneibauer

Return to User Forum