html codes changing between html editor and source views

General ShopSite user discussion

html codes changing between html editor and source views

Postby EMGM » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:19 am

I’m adding "HTML back buttons" to my product More info Pages in the "More info page text box”

example:
<strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">Chevron Print Pill Box</span></strong><hr />&bull; 12pc Display<br />&bull; 2-Compartment<br />&bull; Assorted Colors<br /><br />Sold by 12pc Display Only<br /><br /><FORM><INPUT Type="button" VALUE="Back" onClick="history.go(-1);return true;"></FORM>

If i switch form source view to the html editor, then back to the source view, this is what happens: (some of the back button html information is eliminated - disabling the function of the back button...

Results after switching between editor and source view:
<strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">Chevron Print Pill Box</span></strong><hr />&bull; 12pc Display<br />&bull; 2-Compartment<br />&bull; Assorted Colors<br /><br />Sold by 12pc Display Only<br /><br /><form><input type="button" value="Back" /></form>

Im using ShopSite® Pro 12 sp1 r4

Can someone please help with this issue?
EMGM

Re: html codes changing between html editor and source views

Postby Jim » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:45 pm

If I just pasted that code into the text field when in Editor mode and saved changes and then published the page the code works. If I changed from Editor to source and back then it no longer works. So the best work around would be to just enter the code and then don't change it. I don't know why the code is being stripped out but will log a workorder to see if something can be done about it.
Jim
Site Admin

Re: html codes changing between html editor and source views

Postby EMGM » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:51 am

OK Jim, THANKS for looking into to this...
I appreciate your help and hope a fix can be found...
Have a GREAT WEEKEND!
EMGM

Return to User Forum