Curl OAUTH call failed

General ShopSite user discussion

Curl OAUTH call failed

Postby silken » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Hi,
I am tring to use the shopsite plug-in, which previously worked fine, on one of my sites. This site is hosted on a server different from my other sites, where the plugin works. This is the error message:

Connection test failed, check your settings.
Error: Curl OAUTH call failed. Curl error: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to www.store.reelingsilk.com:443
Any ideas? I copied and pasted the one line of code in shopsite settings on wp. And, as I said, it worked as recenly as January.

Thanks,
Debbie
silken

Re: Curl OAUTH call failed

Postby Jim » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Has the SSL version on the servers changed? Check to see if any security settings on either server have been changed. Has there been a new secure certificate installed on the server?

I found one Kbase article ( http://support.shopsite.com/KBase/questions/2570 ) that mentioned a problem being caused by a new type of secure certificate. Although this isn't the same error as you are seeing it might be something similar.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby silken » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:11 pm

Thanks, Jim. I will talk to the two different hosting sites and find out.
Debbie
silken

Postby silken » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:17 pm

Well, it turns out that the server that the cart is on uses a higher level and newer TLS (?) version, which makes it incompatible with the other hosting server, which uses an older version. Just in case someone else has this problem...
Debbie
silken

Return to User Forum