login by facebook

General ShopSite user discussion

login by facebook

Postby lneibauer » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:18 am

Recently I turned on the Login by Facebook option on our website. After I turned it on the button was a no show and then after doing some extensive reading I learned how to create a Facebook developer app. Once created the app the button appeared as I expected and after trying it out I noticed that Shopsite does not show you that your Facebook credential took. When I use my email credentials I have my template set up to let me know I am logged in with a 'user name'. It this standard or is there something I need to add to my template to show my Facebook login credentials on my sign in navigation bar?

FYI: I have also noticed that the button works fine on a windows machine with Chrome, Firefox and IE. It also works fine in an iPad/iPhone with safari and an Android tablet using Chrome. However I have also noticed that it does not work on a MAC using Firefox or an Android Tablet using Firefox. Has anyone else seen this issue? I am assuming this issue is a Facebook API issue and not a Shopsite issue since it is the same call function across the board.

Are there a lot of people out there using this feature?

thanks in advance
--Lawrence
lneibauer

Re: login by facebook

Postby lneibauer » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:57 am

Just and update to this

After Lexiconn and Shopsite looked at this they found that I did not have one of the options checked.. The link below is what need to be changed on the Facebook App side of things.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21393172/facebook-auth-flow-is-not-allowed

thanks
lneibauer

Re: login by facebook

Postby ShopSite David » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:46 am

Thanks for letting us know!
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Return to User Forum