need help with new interface in Pro 12 sp2 r2.1,

General ShopSite user discussion

need help with new interface in Pro 12 sp2 r2.1,

Postby FredW » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi Folks,

I know this should be easy, but I need help.

The new product interface in the V12, sp2 is giving me fits in the area of assigning subproducts. Where do find the ability to assign subprojects to a parent product?

I have spent over an hour reading and searching the help text and am not able to find anything that helps.
Here is what the help shows:
Use Add Product to create product entries for the inkjet printer and all of the various papers. You don't need to create descriptions for the papers, as only the description of the main product is displayed. (You may want to use descriptive names for the papers.)
On the List of Products screen, select the printer, then click Select Subproducts.

But there is no subproducts to select that I can find?

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
FredW

Re: need help with new interface in Pro 12 sp2 r2.1,

Postby FredW » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:15 am

Answered my own question. Duh!

If anybody else has this issue, the trick is to know where to look (isn't it always the trick?).

After one selects the parent product from the product page, the heading above the product changes from the search criteria to a list of icons that represent 'things you can do to the products selected'. On the far right of the heading are a three dots icon (...) that represent more. In face if you hover you mouse over the three dots, it will say "more". Select those dots gets you three more choices of 'things you can do': Edit product layout, Select Subproducts, and Arrange Subproducts. (bold is my doing for emphasis). Also note that 'Arrange subproducts are here also.

So, searching this forum for "where is the subproduct selection", they may find this post and it will save them hours.

Thanks,
Fred
FredW

Return to User Forum