Urgent! My cart is down and I need some technical help

General ShopSite user discussion

Urgent! My cart is down and I need some technical help

Postby silken » Sat May 07, 2016 7:53 am

Hello,
I am experiencing a sudden and fatal problem with the cart. It is looking for a library item that, for some reason, my hosting servers cannot supply. This has been a problem in the past, but always fixable, but for some reason they are not able to fix it now. Is anyone available to give weekend help with this? It concerns an error that says:
[quote]
This means that your application uses these local libraries instead of the server's ones. We checked the error logs generated by the http://store.reelingsilk.com/ website and noticed that it generates this repeated error:

Code:
[Fri May 06 06:16:50.160463 2016] [:error] [pid 41572] [client 90.194.244.202:37974] billing.cgi: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory, referer: http://store.reelingsilk.com/cgi-bin/sc/order.cgi

Your store application requires librt.so.1 library which is missing in your account. Our system administrators tried to fix the issue by creating a symbolic link to the server's librt.so library however, the server's library is different version sand the website stared to generate error that the library is not compatible:

Code:
[Sat May 07 02:04:34.556222 2016] [:error] [pid 31135] [client 87.118.135.129:43325] order.cgi: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64, referer: http://store.reelingsilk.com/

Your application requires older version of this library and it is not compatible with the server's one. We already tried to restore the website from our backups but did not find a working version of this library and the website still returns the above errors. I am afraid that there is nothing we can do on our end to fix this issue because we can not downgrade the library version on our server.

It would be best if you contact the developer of your website and ask him to copy the correct librt.so.1 library's version into the ss folder and create the appropriate symbolic link so that your application start using the local library instead of the server's one.[/quote]

I do not mind paying for this service, but is it available over the weekend?

Also, on a related note, my hosting server is not a shopsite affiliate. Could I use a shopsite affiliate to host my shopping cart, but still leave the rest of the files where they are?

Thanks in advance,
Debbie
silken

Re: Urgent! My cart is down and I need some technical help

Postby robm » Sat May 07, 2016 12:18 pm

Debbie,

Ask your host to install the 32 bit compatibility libraries, glibc.i686. This should fix the issue and have the proper 32-bit libraries available for ShopSite to use.

Yes, you could have your ShopSite store with a host like us, LexiConn, and keep your main website where it's at currently. This would allow you to have SHopSite support from your web host to help fix these type of issues quickly.

Hope this helps.

Rob
robm

Postby silken » Sat May 07, 2016 12:53 pm

A thousand thanks, Rob. I have submitted your answer to my hosts and we will see how it goes.

And I will also check in with you, after this is (hopefully) resolved, about possibly moving the shopping cart to LexiConn. Days without a shopping cart are like days without a sun!
Debbie
silken

Postby silken » Sat May 07, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi Rob,
This is the reply from my hosting service (does it make sense?):

Hello Debbie,

I have carefully checked the situation and also consulted it with our system administrators. As you know the root cause of the issue is the fact that your script requires a 32 bit version of the library, whereas we have a 64 one. Our server are using an operating system and libraries which are designed to use 64 bit software. The administrators have investigated the issue further, however I am afraid that there is nothing we can do on our side. The shared platform is set to use 64 bit libraries and we cannot install outdated ones per client's request.

Best Regards,

Georgi L.
Technical Support Supervisor
silken

Postby robm » Sat May 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Debbie,

Sounds like your host does not understand what a compatibility library is. This is a standard OS rpm (named glibc.i686) that loads 32-bit support into a 64-bit OS. This is standard practice for most servers to allow 32-bit programs to run. There are no security issues with doing this.

Hopefully they can do this for you. If not, feel free to reach out to us, and we can help you migrate your store quickly and get you back up and running.

Rob
robm

Postby silken » Sun May 08, 2016 8:15 am

Hi Rob,
Again, many thanks. I made your suggestion and received the following reply:

I see from your previous tickets that the same issue occurred before and the librt library was missing from the local installation. As a workaround our system administrators created the symbolic link (shortcut) from the missing library to the server's one:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 39712 Jan 27 2015 /var/suexec/baseos/usr/lib/librt-2.12.so*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Feb 11 2015 /var/suexec/baseos/usr/lib/librt.so.1 -> librt-2.12.so*

This way your website started to use the system librt-2.12.so library instead of the missing librt.so.1 one. Note that we constantly upgrade our server's software including the libraries to protected our server against security threats and improve their performance. The symbolic link created by our system administrators still exists however, your cart software is no longer compatible with the server's librt library. It currently shows this error:

Code:
order.cgi: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64, referer: http://store.reelingsilk.com/

There is nothing more we can do on our end to assist you in this case. You should contact your website developers and ask them to upgrade the software to be compatible with the latest release of the librt.so library or alternatively, they should copy the correct version of the librt.so library that is compatible with your site locally in your account and link it to the website so that it can use it instead of the server's one.

Best Regards,

Dimitar T.
Technical Support Supervisor

I honestly do not know if this is an answer to what you suggested (my technical knowledge only extends so far, and this is way outside my neighborhood.) I am posting it here but I imagine it is something that shopsite itself will have to answer, and I will most likely talk to Loren in the morning. I am moving closer to the idea of hosting the cart separately, but of course have many questions about that! Is there some way we can talk off forum about pricing and details? If I just go to your site's contact page, will it get to you?

Thanks,
Debbie
silken

Postby robm » Sun May 08, 2016 9:07 am

Debbie,

ShopSite does have a 64-bit version of the software, so this may be something you wold want to upgrade to in order to work with this host. The solution they put in place looks to be a workaround / temporary solution.

Per talking with us, just drop us an email at sales@lexiconn.com, you can put it to my attention, and/or just reference this thread. We can answer your questions and help clarify any issues.

I'm glad to hear your cart is working again for now though. :)

Rob
robm

Postby silken » Sun May 08, 2016 10:46 am

Oh my gosh, Rob! There is a 64 bit version of shopsite? Theoretically, that would solve my problem. Any idea of how to upgrade? Do I need to go through shopsite to do this?

Thanks for all your help,
Debbie

P.S. Actually, my cart is still not working. As a matter of fact, I can't even access the orders that were in there when it went down. Ugh.
silken

Postby robm » Sun May 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Debbie,

Yes, you should go through ShopSite for the upgrade if your host is not a ShopSite partner. I don't understand how they cannot install the 32-bit compatibility OS rpm to solve these issues easily.

Rob
robm

Postby silken » Sun May 08, 2016 6:49 pm

Thanks, Rob. I don't understand either, but I noticed on shopsite's blog (which I sought out after you mentioned the 64 bit option) they say that most will, but some won't, for whatever reason. Who knows. I've owned shopsite for about 10 years, so upgrading is not such a big deal, if they can do it. Then I will be ready until the next bump comes!

Kind regards,
Debbie
silken

Postby loren_d_c » Tue May 10, 2016 9:13 am

Actually, this server has 32-bit libraries installed, it just appears to have a certain older distribution/version of the OS that has a bug where the 32-bit librt is missing. librt is a new library dependency in ShopSite 12 sp2, has to do with the newer openssl used to support TLS 1.2. Switching to the 64-bit version of ShopSite would likely resolve the issue because the 64-bit librt is probably not missing, HOWEVER the Linux operating system on the server is too old for the 64-bit version of ShopSite, which requires Linux systems with glibc 6.12 or newer. So the host needs to fix the missing 32-bit librt issue, or upgrade the OS so 64-bit ShopSite can be used, or if they can't or won't do either you would need to go with a new host that doesn't have these issues.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby silken » Tue May 10, 2016 10:53 am

Thanks, Loren. I believe I will follow your advice and move the cart to LexiConn.
Debbie
silken

Return to User Forum