PayPal Certificate Renewal

General ShopSite user discussion

PayPal Certificate Renewal

Postby arad13 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:14 am

I'm trying to renew our paypal express certificate. I went to PayPal and clicked on "renew certificate." When I downloaded the certificate and went to copy and paste it to replace the old certificate (Commerce -> Payment Setup -> Configure Paypal Express), ShopSite says "Missing or incomplete Digital Certificate." I'm pretty sure this is because the new certificate does not have "-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----" at the beginning, it instead has "-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----". If I add in the "RSA", it allows me to save, but the certificate does not work.

Any ideas of what I need to do to renew this certificate or where I might be going wrong here? Thanks in advance.
arad13

Re: PayPal Certificate Renewal

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:46 am

Do you need to use the certificate method of connecting to your PayPal account in any other application besides your ShopSite? If not, I would recommend switching to the API Signature method instead of the API Certificate method. Not only will it avoid any formatting issues with the certificate, the signature doesn't expire every 3 years like the certificate does (they originally lasted 10 years, but the new ones are only 3).

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to User Forum