Shopping cart timing out

General ShopSite user discussion

Shopping cart timing out

Postby bughaus » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:24 pm

We're having an intermittent issue with some customers who complain that after shopping on our site for several hours putting multiple items in their shopping cart, something times out and the cart gets emptied. We have the cart set to keep it for 30 days so we're assuming the problem is somewhere on the customer's side but I'm not sure what to tell them. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Eric
Bughaus.com
bughaus

Re: Shopping cart timing out

Postby loren_d_c » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:08 am

It's not likely that the cart is actually being removed/emptied on the server side, more likely that they are just getting new cart files assigned for some reason. Perhaps they have a browser plugin that is clearing their cookies periodically, or they have cookies disabled and their IP is changing periodically.

Are they logged into a Customer Registration account while they are doing their shopping? If not, that is something you could recommend because with 12 sp2 and newer the cart id is stored in their account so if they get a new cart then they should be able to sign into their Customer Registration account and get back to their previous cart with all its contents.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Re: Shopping cart timing out

Postby bughaus » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:38 am

Thank you! I'll recommend that to them. I have a feeling it's on their side also - they claim on their previous order (years ago) this same thing happened however we weren't on Shopsite at the time so it's really looking like some nonsense with their comp or provider.
bughaus

Return to User Forum