Abandoned Cart Reports / GlobalShopex

General ShopSite user discussion

Abandoned Cart Reports / GlobalShopex

Postby koryb1 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:57 am

I have two questions related to Abandoned Carts:

1. How does the reporting work? When I see "Recovered Carts" and "Recovered Revenue", are these customers that have actually clicked on the "Finish Shopping" button in the abandoned cart email, or are they just customers that re-visited their shopping cart on their own? We're getting "recovered revenue" on a daily basis which is great, but I just want to understand how that number is derived.

2. If we implemented the built-in GlobalShopex shipping option for international customers, which takes the customer from our ShopSite checkout system to GlobalShopex's own checkout system, wouldn't these customers still get the abandoned cart emails, as they are not completing the purchase on our ShopSite site? This seems to be a real problem?

Thanks in advance!
koryb1

Re: Abandoned Cart Reports / GlobalShopex

Postby ShopSite David » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:05 am

>>How does the reporting work?
If a shopper clicks on the "Finish Shopping" Link in an abandoned cart email, it brings them back to the specific cart they abandoned. So the recovered cart numbers are from carts that were left alone until the abandon cart code marked them and sent the email.

>>If we implemented the built-in GlobalShopex shipping option for international customers ... [will] ...these customers still get the abandoned cart emails, as they are not completing the purchase on our ShopSite site?
No, ShopSite knows the shopper is completing via GlobalShopex so it does not send an abandoned cart email.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Postby koryb1 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:42 am

Thanks David. As follow-up:

If a shopper clicks on the "Finish Shopping" Link in an abandoned cart email, it brings them back to the specific cart they abandoned. So the recovered cart numbers are from carts that were left alone until the abandon cart code marked them and sent the email.

So just to confirm, if a shopper goes back to that cart on their own, which is still saved in their cookie, that won't also be counted as a recovered cart because they did not return to it through the "Finish Shopping" link?

>>If we implemented the built-in GlobalShopex shipping option for international customers ... [will] ...these customers still get the abandoned cart emails, as they are not completing the purchase on our ShopSite site?
No, ShopSite knows the shopper is completing via GlobalShopex so it does not send an abandoned cart email.

This is great to hear. Can you clarify how that works? In addition to GlobalShopex, we are also considering iGlobal Systems. They offer a similar service, but iGlobal offers some features that GlobalShopex does not. iGlobal is a close UPS partner as well which is where we got their endorsement. Like GlobalShopex, our shopping cart page would contain a button for international checkout which would take the customer to iGlobal's external checkout system. So if doing this through GlobalShopex can disable the abandoned cart email, even though the customer is checking out through their system and not ours, how would we accomplish that if we used iGlobal instead?

Finally, am I correct that if we used GlobalShopex, the individual customer would not be able to get credit for the Rewards Program we have set up? We have a buy 10 get 1 free program. With GlobalShopex, the customer ends up essentially buying from them, and then GlobalShopex turns around and places the order from us. I guess GlobalShopex's purchases would work with the Rewards Program, but the actual end user's would not is that correct?

Thanks so much!
koryb1

Postby ShopSite David » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:06 pm

koryb1 wrote:Thanks David. As follow-up:

So just to confirm, if a shopper goes back to that cart on their own, which is still saved in their cookie, that won't also be counted as a recovered cart because they did not return to it through the "Finish Shopping" link?
***Once a cart has been marked abandoned, if a shopper returns to it from the email or any other way it is considered a recovered cart.

This is great to hear. Can you clarify how that works? In addition to GlobalShopex, we are also considering iGlobal Systems. They offer a similar service, but iGlobal offers some features that GlobalShopex does not. iGlobal is a close UPS partner as well which is where we got their endorsement. Like GlobalShopex, our shopping cart page would contain a button for international checkout which would take the customer to iGlobal's external checkout system. So if doing this through GlobalShopex can disable the abandoned cart email, even though the customer is checking out through their system and not ours, how would we accomplish that if we used iGlobal instead?
***We know the customer clicked the GlobalShopex button so we direct them to GlobalShopex for checkout and mark the cart so that an abandoned cart email will not be sent. I don’t see any (non-coding way by us) for this to work for iGlobal.

Finally, am I correct that if we used GlobalShopex, the individual customer would not be able to get credit for the Rewards Program we have set up? We have a buy 10 get 1 free program. With GlobalShopex, the customer ends up essentially buying from them, and then GlobalShopex turns around and places the order from us. I guess GlobalShopex's purchases would work with the Rewards Program, but the actual end user's would not is that correct?
*** I believe this is correct.

Thanks so much!
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Postby koryb1 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:29 am

Very helpful information David. Thanks so much!
koryb1

Return to User Forum