more info for sub-products?

General ShopSite user discussion

more info for sub-products?

Postby gracefuli » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:01 pm

i am using the bb-product with menus.sst template. Many times i have a main product, then several sub-products assigned to it. So it does display as expected:

on website category page there is a picture with price range under it indicating there is more than 1 product. ie Wedgit 9.95-11.95 once this is selected the next page shows:

main product title
description
- sub-product 1 $9.95
- sub-product 2 $9.95

is there a way to allow users to then click on a sub-product for even more info? i do have more info page selected under each sub-product, but it doesn't actually allow users to see the info. i'm thinking it's a template thing?
gracefuli

Re: more info for sub-products?

Postby loren_d_c » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Yes, it's up to the DEFINE SUBPRODUCT section of the product template to define how the subproduct lays out, including linking to the subproduct's More Info Page if it has one.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby gracefuli » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:34 pm

ok- can you walk me through the changes i would need to make... type slowly i'm a newbie!
gracefuli

Postby loren_d_c » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:08 pm

In the [-- DEFINE SUBPRODUCT --] section replace:

[-- IF PRODUCT.DisplayName --][-- PRODUCT.Name REMOVE_HTML --]

with:

[-- IF PRODUCT.DisplayName --][-- IF PRODUCT.DisplayMoreInformationPage--]<a href="[-- PRODUCT.MoreInfoURL --]">[-- PRODUCT.Name REMOVE_HTML --]</a>[-- ELSE --][-- PRODUCT.Name REMOVE_HTML --][-- END_IF --]

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to User Forum