Customer Tracking Number from Log In not Emails

General ShopSite user discussion

Customer Tracking Number from Log In not Emails

Postby peteuga » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:42 am

Am I missing something? Why can I see a customers tracking number from the manage order button along with a working link to the carrier, but the customer can't see the same tracking number associated with their order when they log into their account.

People are bombarded with emails everyday and don't even see most due to spam filters. Reputable online stores I use allow me to log into my account, locate an order then track the order. Why can't I do this with shopsite? If I can and simply don't understand please let me know?
peteuga

Re: Customer Tracking Number from Log In not Emails

Postby robm » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:21 am

Double check that you are not using a custom Customer Registration template under:
Commerce Setup -> Customer Registration -> Configure

If you choose a stock template, it should have built-in support for displaying tracking information, but only *if* the customer was logged in when they placed the order.

Feel free to reach out to us (LexiConn) if you want help with any of this. Thanks.

Rob
robm

Postby peteuga » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:05 am

We are using
Sleek-cr.sst-orderstatus

I don't think it has ever been changed, it just what was automatically selected.

Should we use a different template? If so please recommend your favorite.
peteuga

Postby robm » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:43 am

That is a custom one for our Order Status module. If you want to replace that with the ShopSite's built-in tracking, you would change the template to:
Sleek-cr.sst

Rob
robm

Postby peteuga » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:57 am

Problem solved. I went through the templates and found one that looked good with my colors.
peteuga

Return to User Forum