paypal orders not showing up

General ShopSite user discussion

paypal orders not showing up

Postby gracefuli » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi- new website just went live 2 weeks AGO. i have setup paypal as a form of payment. it is set to authorize not capture. in the past we have gone in to paypal and capture the day the complete order is shipping. BUT here is the problem: the paypal order is not even appearing in the "orders" screen nor is a copy being emailed to ourselves like credit card orders are. i found the error because someone is away so i was going through emails for her. We received emails from paypal that say "you've got cash".

initially i had set paypal up pointing to a non-existing paypal account. i have fixed this and opened an account under the erroneous name and see the payments that are waiting there. i am in the process of verifying my banking info with paypal so i can capture this money, but i can not see the actual order. WHY didn't these orders appear in the "orders" list?

How do i fix this? i have turned paypal off for right now...
thanks-
gracefuli

Re: paypal orders not showing up

Postby ShopSite David » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Are you using PayPal Standard or Express? If Standard, PayPal posts back to ShopSite using that they call an IPN and this is not as reliable as using PayPal Express. The same account can be used for either so I suggest setting up PayPal Express and then have someone place a test order to ensure all is working as desired.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Postby gracefuli » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:56 pm

I am using express. just found ipn discussion on paypal's site. if i need to set up ipn what would url be?
gracefuli

Postby ShopSite David » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:39 pm

There is no need to set up IPNs with PayPal Express. With Express the shopper completes the order on your site so there is no IPN needed from PayPal to indicate that the order was just completed.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Return to User Forum