Free Shipping Option based on order total and location

General ShopSite user discussion

Free Shipping Option based on order total and location

Postby linro36 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:35 pm

I would like to offer two separate free shipping options, one for continental US customers and another for international customers. Continental US customers would be offered free shipping with a $50 order and international customers would be offered free shipping with a $120 order. Is this possible? I'm using Shopsite Manager, and I don't see this as an option. I will greatly appreciate any help with this.
linro36

Re: Free Shipping Option based on order total and location

Postby car » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:42 pm

I would be interested in this as well! Thank-you.
car

Re: Free Shipping Option based on order total and location

Postby ShopSite David » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:07 pm

There is a Free Shipping option in ShopSite Pro where it can be offered if an order goes over a certain dollar value. ShopSite Pro also has a Free Shipping coupon and you can likewise set a minimal cart value before it is valid. So, for trying to give different free shipping qualifications to both International and Domestic customers I would use the Free Shipping feature and set the minimum to $120. Then I would also have the Free Shipping Coupon available for $50. With the coupon you specify the shipping method (e.g. UPS Ground, etc.) If you are using ShopSite integration with UPS, FedEx, USPS then you could indicate a domestic shipping option that would not apply for international customers that would try to get Free Shipping for just $50.

You'd have a note on your checkout screen that International shoppers automatically qualify for free shipping when their order is over $120. Domestic customers enter this code (some code you specify such as "Free Shipping in USA") or place a link on the checkout page to have the coupon automatically added.

Since you are currently using ShopSite Manager you would need to upgrade to the Pro version to get these features.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Return to User Forum