Response Theme - Not Working! (fixed link)

General ShopSite user discussion

Response Theme - Not Working! (fixed link)

Postby MgmtSpec » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:38 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to update a current client to use the "Response Theme". I have my client current site live at:
http://www.harryfalk.com (Manager Version 12 r2) - Do not want to update version - hate newer back office interface.

1) Logo does not display - checked & img selected in Layout Preferences

2) Header & Footer = NOT displaying! Again - text entered in preferences AND TOGGLE DISPLAY both on Pages

3) Text B, Image 1 & 2 and URL- NONE display - nor sure if this is due to template? Would be nice if these fields were annotated on the mock-ups.

4) IF I edit the Responsive CSS will that get over wrote every time I publish?

Thanks for help/advise. The first 3 items should be no-brainers. Doesn't make sense they don't work as expected.
MgmtSpec

Re: Response Theme - Not Working! (fixed link)

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:39 pm

I know there were some fixes to the Response theme in version 12sp3, so there will be some known issues if you want to use an earlier version. That said, I don't think there were too many changes. You could try going with the Familiar theme since it has a similar layout to the Response theme, but it has more current code.

For the logo, header, footer, images 1 & 2 and text a & b fields that are not displaying, I would need to look in your back office to see if I can see why. All those fields work in a test 12sp2 store for me. You may have gotten this resolved as I do see you have the header displaying on pages.

If you edit the CSS within ShopSite, then no, your changes won't be overridden. If you edit the CSS through FTP, then yes your changes will be overridden. You will want to go to Merchandising > Custom Templates > Includes > Copy ShopSite Publish File, and make a copy of the ResponsiveDesign.css file. Then make a copy of your copy and rename it the exact same name as the original. Your new version will now override the original.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby MgmtSpec » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:32 pm

Thanks Lauren. Pair's awesome support already updated the version to 12 sp1 r4.0.1 which was most updated version prior to the back office interface redesign so that resolved some of the issues of header/footer not displaying. Will work on the CSS as recommended.
MgmtSpec

Postby lucy albert » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:30 pm

I am getting same error with no fix at all!
lucy albert

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Lucy, what's the URL to your website (mostly so I can just see the version of ShopSite you have, and double check the theme)? The main solution would be to upgrade to the latest version. If you can't or don't want to do that, I can send you a updated templates that have the logo, header, footer, image 1, image 2, for the version of ShopSite you current have.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Return to User Forum