Switching From Paypal Express To Paypal Standard

General ShopSite user discussion

Switching From Paypal Express To Paypal Standard

Postby extragear » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:59 am

Hi there - Our current long standing standing Paypal account is in our parent companies name which is different from our websites name. We talked to Paypal and they indicated we can easily setup a new Paypal account which would be branded as our website. Setting up this new Paypal account was easy, now I need to change Shopsite from Paypal Express which we currently use to Paypal standard.

Going into Shopsite I do see where to change from Paypal Express to Paypal Standard. But the one issue I can't figure out is what to do about the buttons and checkout flow. Once its switched to Paypal Standard, the ability to arrange buttons disappears. Instead, we see a message under Arrange buttons stating - "Since you do not have multiple checkout buttons there is nothing to arrange. Select more than one checkout button such as PayPal Express and Amazon and then you can arrange their position in the cart."

Once Paypal standard is selected, and if we place a test order the shopping cart payment selection shows a dropdown which contains our credit card options and then paypal. [b]So here is my question, with Paypal standard are the buttons no longer an option? [/b]

Once Paypal is choosen in the dropdown the shopper isn't take to paypal, rather they are taken to a screen on which they enter their billing and shipping info. At the bottom of that there is a statment indicating, "Payment -- PayPal
You will be taken to PayPal to complete payment." After this there are two icons one is return to cart and the other is submit order.

[b]Isn't there a Paypal button here?[/b]

For this site we are running Shopsite Manager version 12 r2.1.

Thanks
extragear

Re: Switching From Paypal Express To Paypal Standard

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 am

No, with the old PayPal Standard method there is not a Pay With PayPal button like there is (by default, anyway) for PayPal Express Checkout.

Why do you need to switch to PayPal Standard with the new PayPal account? PayPal Express Checkout is the newer and superior method.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to User Forum