Free Shipping to USA, Calculate Shipping to Canada

General ShopSite user discussion

Free Shipping to USA, Calculate Shipping to Canada

Postby peteuga » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:19 am

I'm using shopsite pro 12 sp2 r4, I am offering free shipping to USA address but need to charge a calculated shipping to Canada. How do I do this?
peteuga

Re: Free Shipping to USA, Calculate Shipping to Canada

Postby ajeffery » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Under Commerce > Shipping you can enable the Free Shipping Option with minimum cart value. Using this feature you can select which countries are allowed free shipping options. This way, all of your United States customers will have a free shipping option, and all other customers will be subject to your additional shipping calculators and/or shipping integration pricing.
ajeffery

Postby peteuga » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:03 am

Thanks for the help.

To be clear I do not want to offer free shipping on all items, just a select few in your example it gave free shipping as an option on all items. We can have this.

Currently we have the follow: On Products>Edit Product Info, I have No Shipping Charges selected.
peteuga

Postby ShopSite David » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:44 pm

If you only want free shipping for certain products you can look at using the Free Shipping Coupon feature. Under Commerce Setup > Shipping go to the Free Shipping section and configure the countries that you want to allow free shipping to but don't turn on the "Check here to enable a Free Shipping option." Below that section enable the "Enable Free Shipping Coupon Usage:" and select the shipping service. Then in Merchandising Tools > Coupons add a coupon and make it a "Free Shipping Coupon". Assign that coupon to certain products and give it a code. You'll then have to advertise the code to your shoppers so they can get the free shipping.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Postby ShopSite David » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:10 pm

First, are you using the real-time shipping options that get the quotes directly from the carriers (e.g. USPS, FedEx, UPS, Canada Post, etc.) You can view those settings by going to Commerce Setup > Shipping and then look in the "Shipping Carriers" section (not the "ShopSite Shipping Rate Calculations".)

If you are getting real-time quotes then those are the correct rates. You can add other options like two-day or overnight delivery if you shoppers want to pay for quicker delivery. Also, make sure you have specified the correct weights and sizes for the products that you do ship so that the rates are as accurate as possible.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Return to User Forum