Left Nav menu disappears

General ShopSite user discussion

Left Nav menu disappears

Postby VinceS » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:49 pm

Two items I'd like to see if I can resolve on our test system

First:
The leftside navigation menu does not display on mobile devices. I understand that these types of menus may not render well on small screens, but I have a menu that is supposed to be "mobile friendly" and I'd like to test it. So where is the code that is turning off the leftside nav on mobile devices and how can I disable it?

Second:
Could you take a quick look at this and see if you can tell what might be causing the gap to the right of the vertical menu and the page text? Just hoping it might be obvious to a second pair of eyes. Here's the page link: http://ahoydemo.ahoycaptain.com/acrelectronics.html . If you can't, no worries. I'll find it eventually.

And please, this is a work in progress, so it may be a bit ugly right now.
VinceS

Re: Left Nav menu disappears

Postby FredW » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:15 pm

It may be not obvious where this is. When you view your site on a phone (or small screen), you will see a 'catagories' link with a down arrow on the top right, just above the nav bar. Click on the down arrow and I believe you will see the links you are looking for.

If I can figure out how to post a image, I'll post it later.
FredW
FredW

Re: Left Nav menu disappears

Postby VinceS » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:03 am

Thanks Fred
Yes I see that now. Pretty clunky looking if you ask me.
My menu actually worked fine on tablets (not mobile phones) before I changed to SS responsive design template.
I'd like to have more control over it.
Thanks again
Vince
VinceS

Return to User Forum