SKU On Product Page

General ShopSite user discussion

SKU On Product Page

Postby JuliefromWY » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:02 pm

Is there anyway to have the SKU # appear on the Product Page (in addition to the More Info Page)?
JuliefromWY

Re: SKU On Product Page

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:18 pm

It depends on which theme you are using. Many themes do display the product SKU on category pages (if the checkbox to display the SKU is checked). In some themes this is not an option by default, and in some themes the SKU (and product description) can be displayed by making a slight template switch. What theme are you using and/or what is your store's URL?
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby JuliefromWY » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:19 pm

I'm using Dauntless Theme and my URL is customcowboyshop.com. I'm working on a development store at the moment though so it isn't live yet with the Dauntless theme.
JuliefromWY

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:04 pm

The BB themes don't display the SKU on category pages, however adding it to the template would be quick and easy. Go to Merchandising > Custom Templates > Includes, and make a copy of the BB-ProductDefine.sst include file. Once you have copied it, make a copy of your copy and rename it the exact same name as the original. This will override the original version. Now all you need to do is add in the SKU where you want it displayed. For example, if you want the SKU displayed between the product name and the review stars, you would add the [-- PRODUCT.SKU --] tag just above the line that starts with [-- IF REVIEWS --].
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Return to User Forum