Link to registration page

General ShopSite user discussion

Link to registration page

Postby Attila » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi,

Where can I find the link to the registration page?
Is it possible to register without the shopping basket?

The next question is, can i have a folder, what is only available for customers whp logged in?

Thanks
Attila

Re: Link to registration page

Postby ShopSite David » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:47 am

Go To Commerce > Customer Registration > Configure and near the bottom of the screen you'll see the code that you can copy and paste into your site to create a Registration link.

>>Is it possible to register without the shopping basket?
ShopSite's registration link can be placed on any page but it will create a shopping cart file for the user that signs in.

>>The next question is, can i have a folder, what is only available for customers whp logged in?
If you are trying to have pages that are only shown to customers that log in via ShopSite's Customer registration then the answer is no. You would need a method outside of ShopSite. Something like an .htaccess file can be used to password protect certain folders. Here's an article about using .htaccess to password protect a folder:
https://www.addedbytes.com/blog/code/password-protect-a-directory-with-htaccess/
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Re: Link to registration page

Postby Attila » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Thanks for the answer.

The idea is not really showing Shopsite pages, because I use Order Anywhere with my own pages, rather accessing a folder...
If someone logged in, can access a certain page in a certain folder, if not, get a customised errormessage....

I would like avoid to introduce two different login, one for acces to certain pages, and one for buying something.
Already have many customers with Shopsite logins, so I would like to take advantage of that.

Thanks
Attila

Return to User Forum