Shopsite Wordpress Plugin - Click for Price

General ShopSite user discussion

Shopsite Wordpress Plugin - Click for Price

Postby extragear » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:17 am

Hi there, the site on which we use the Shopsite wordpress plugin offers products from a manufacturer who restricts us from actually showing the discounted sale price on the product page. They way we have it configured on the site is that the shopper clicks an add to cart icon which then takes them to the shopping cart where they can see the discounted price and away from the product page.

Is it possible to modify the Shopsite plug so that when the add to cart icon is clicked, a window pops up showing the shopper the discounted price and offering the options of checking out, continue shopping without adding the item to the cart or adding the item to the cart and to continue shopping without leaving the product page? I've seen this on a few other websites that are NOT using the Shopsite plug such as a site running WooCommerce.

This isnt a critical item, rather I want to see whether it increases conversions by not forcing customer to navigate to the cart to see the sale price.

Thanks
extragear

Re: Shopsite Wordpress Plugin - Click for Price

Postby loren_d_c » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:20 am

What is displayed via the WordPress plugin is formatted by a special ShopSite product template, which you select in Merchandising > Social Media > WordPress. The template pull-down here only shows default ShopSite product templates that start with em_ and any of your custom product templates. You can see which of the ShopSite default templates you like, then go to Merchandising > Custom Templates > Page/Product and use the Copy ShopSite Product Template to make your own copy of that template and edit it. You can remove the price and put text like 'add product to cart to see price' in its place, or you could probably do some kind of JavaScript to pop something up with the price, but I'm not a JavaScript expert so I couldn't really advise on that.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Re: Shopsite Wordpress Plugin - Click for Price

Postby extragear » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:31 am

Loren

Thanks
extragear

Return to User Forum