Recurring Billing Trial Price

General ShopSite user discussion

Recurring Billing Trial Price

Postby MgmtSpec » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:07 pm

Hello,

I have a service that is $49/mo on recurring billing. I set up Trial Price $1 for 1 period. When an order is placed it shows as $49 in the cart...and text will say $1 for first month, $49 a month forever. The order completes and emails/receipts show charge of $49. This would scare me away from doing a trial! I am using Authorize.net

1) Is there a way to get it to show trial price?
2) How do I change the wording FOREVER (YIKES) to monthly until cancelled?

Thanks!
MgmtSpec

Re: Recurring Billing Trial Price

Postby loren_d_c » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:57 am

When a recurring billing product is ordered the regular product prices will be included in the regular one-time Authorize.Net transaction, and the recurring billing amount in a separate Authorize.net transaction that sets up the subscription parameters. So if you only want to charge $1 for the product at the time of the order, set the main product price to $1, then set the Initial Trial Price to $0 for 1 period.

So where are you seeing the text "forever"? I don't think I've ever seen it in ShopSite. I don't think ShopSite even shows the shopper the details of the recurring transaction, leaving it up to you to give the shopper your details/terms. If it's in an email, check to see if the email is generated by Authorize.net, if it is you would have to check with them to see if you can change that text, or just turn off the sending of Authorize.net transaction receipts in your Authorize.net account.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby MgmtSpec » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:14 pm

Thanks Loren - that looks like it will work for the charge portion. Here is order anywhere link - if you add to cart you will see the text in question:
https://www.managementspecialties.com/cgi-bin/sc/order.cgi?storeid=*2e11a2e17ea0a3c6eb041f9a50420a177ef82649a70ca98445&dbname=products&sku=GMORPLUSMOTRIAL&function=add

$1.00 monthly once, then $49.00 monthly forever

In the product recurring billing I have selected the Ending Period "Never" option.
I suspect the wording is tied to that?
MgmtSpec

Postby loren_d_c » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:37 pm

Thanks, looks like the text description of the recurring transaction was added as part of the new subscriptions management feature in v14 (I was looking in v12 sp3, sorry). You can edit the text labels at the bottom of Orders > Subscriptions. If you don't want that line to show up in the cart at all, you can probably just add some CSS to the shopping cart screen to not display the span with class 'cart-product-subscription'.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to User Forum