One-Time Use Per Customer Coupon Help

General ShopSite user discussion

One-Time Use Per Customer Coupon Help

Postby CS-Bill » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:53 am

We are trying to set up a Welcome Discount Coupon for new subscribers, allowing each new subscriber a one-time discount based on ip or email address.
As far as I can tell, ShopSitePro12 sp3 r4 does not allow this. Has anyone found a work around or can you suggest a way to accomplish this?
Thanks in advance for you help.
CS-Bill

Re: One-Time Use Per Customer Coupon Help

Postby koryb1 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:58 pm

Yes, this is a sorely needed feature. I was hoping it would be included in the new ShopSite 14 but sadly it was not.
koryb1

Postby cyoung » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:06 am

If by subscribers you mean customers who register via Customer Registration, see Commerce > Customer Registration > Configure and in the Confirmation E-mail section see the setting for "Offer one time coupon".
cyoung

Postby koryb1 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:12 am

Thank you cyoung for highlighting that feature which I was not aware of.

When I click on the Help page for that configuration page to learn more I don't see any related Help info. Questions I have include:

1. We don't currently send a confirmation email to customers when they register. In setting this up, is there a "send test email" function we can use to refine the email before we make it "live"?

2. What does the Coupon numbering scheme look like? ShopSite says "The template name will be used when creating coupons with a unique number appended". So if our coupon is named "WELCOME5" are the coupons numbered WELCOME5-1, WELCOME5-2, WELCOME5-3, etc.? We are just hoping that customers can't easily "predict" additional coupon numbers so each customer truly gets only one coupon to use and each customer truly gets a unique code that someone else wouldn't guess and use.

3. How do expiration dates work? When we create a Coupon Template and enter an expiration date of say 30 days from now, does someone who registers 29 days from now have only 1 day to use it? Do we have to keep changing the expiration date moving forward?

If anyone can help with these questions we'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

Kory
koryb1

Postby CS-Bill » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:33 am

cyoung...Thank you for the reply. I was not aware of that feature either and will look into it.

~Bill
CS-Bill

Postby cyoung » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:30 am

koryb1,

1) ShopSite doesn't have a test confirmation e-mail but you can sign up for a demo store and test customizing the e-mail there.
2) Template generated coupons have an incrementing counter appended to the name of the template name but there is no coupon code added to the generated coupons, rather they are given a link that will add the coupon to the cart. This will prevent people from guessing and adding other customers coupons to their cart.
3) Expiration dates are based off the time the coupon is generated regardless of when the coupon template was created.
cyoung

Postby koryb1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:22 pm

Thank you cyoung for the above info. That was exactly what I needed. Much appreciated!!!
koryb1

Return to User Forum