Including a Large number of Products in a Coupon

General ShopSite user discussion

Including a Large number of Products in a Coupon

Postby Rgkopchak » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:34 am

Is there a way to do a "batch" include (or exclude) for a coupon? I've got a very large list (basically I want to exclude all the newest items, about 130) from a sale. Is the only option to add them one at a time by hand?
Rgkopchak

Re: Including a Large number of Products in a Coupon

Postby ShopSite David » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:11 pm

In version 14 you can search for a list of products to include or exclude. See the "Valid For" section in the help documentation:

https://help.shopsite.com/help/14.0/en-US/sc/pro/edit.coupon.html
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Postby Rgkopchak » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:18 pm

But unless I'm missing something, if I have a long list of SKUs like:

(Not in any order particular order)

I still have to basically "search" and then "add" each one, right? There is no way to do it "quicker"? I guess I could go through and add some sort of new dummy attribute, then search for that attribute, and exclude all those items?

Is there a better way I am missing?
Rgkopchak

Postby Rgkopchak » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:22 pm

Going through the product page, I actually see this:

"Exclude Product From Coupons (product will be excluded from all coupons)"

I could just put together a CSV with all my SKUs to exclude and then have that field set to "YES"? That would keep them from showing up in any coupon, right? Then just go back at some point and update the product again to change that field to "NO".

Will this work, and if so what is that field called when doing an import?
Rgkopchak

Postby loren_d_c » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:07 pm

If there isn't already some common attribute for the products you want to exclude that you can search for, then yes you can create one by uploading some specific text to one of the Extra Product Fields. Only one Extra Field is enabled by default, but if you are already using that one for something else you can enable additional (up to 100) extra product fields under Preferences > Extra Fields. In a tab-delimited txt or Excel .xls spreadsheet you can use whatever column header name you want for that column, but if you call it Extra Field 1 (or 2, or 3, or whichever one you want to use) then it will automatically match up with the right ShopSite product field on upload. If it's a column header that ShopSite doesn't recognize, then you just have to do the extra step of matching it up with Extra Field 1 (or 2, or 3, or whatever) before you complete the upload.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to User Forum