Use the same coupon multiple times in one order

General ShopSite user discussion

Use the same coupon multiple times in one order

Postby PortraitsOfAnimals » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:20 pm

I know, why do I want customers to do this? I have an average shipping cost of $5.00 built into nearly all items on my site so that no one faints when they see their total and then the shipping. Customers can add up their order easily. Large items have separate shipping information.

Local customers have the option of picking up orders, and I have a discount coupon for $5.00 for them to use when ordering from my website prior to pickup.

However, they often order several items, each of which qualifies for the discount. Can a customer simply enter the same coupon code the number of times equal to their item quantity? Or is there a better way to set this up?

Thanks,
Bernadette
www.PortraitsOfAnimals.net
PortraitsOfAnimals

Re: Use the same coupon multiple times in one order

Postby ShopSite David » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:10 am

You can create a $5 off product coupon and indicate it is for specific products. You can either then assign it to all your products, or if you have a lot of products, exclude it from a dummy product and it will then apply to all your products. No matter how many times they enter a product, each entry will get $5 off. The problem you might have is that if the coupon code gets known, then even non-pick orderers could enter it and get the discount.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Re: Use the same coupon multiple times in one order

Postby Slavens » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:04 am

So how do you stop the coupon code from getting abused like that?
Slavens

Return to User Forum