Renaming Numerous Images

General ShopSite user discussion

Renaming Numerous Images

Postby JimNL » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:33 am

Hi,

I am working on SEO optimizing my product images and descriptions (several thousand).
Is there an easy way to rename images and have those names update on the relevant pages/products?
If not, how can I easily determine where the images are used.

Thanks!
JimNL

Re: Renaming Numerous Images

Postby JimNL » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:03 am

OK, I think I figured this out on my own.
I will download the database, setup a VBA find/replace in excel, and up load the database.
JimNL

Re: Renaming Numerous Images

Postby cyoung » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:12 am

I'm glad you found a solution that works for you.

There is not a way to rename images and have the image name automatically updated in the page/product/setting that is using them.

There is no way to 'easily' determine where an image is used, unless you used a good filename or directory structure when uploading them in the first place. If you think it's a product image you can search by the various product image fields for that image filename in the Products menu search. Or you could download the Products (and Pages, if you think they may be page images) in a tab-delimited format and load it in a spreadsheet or text editor and use the Search function in that app to find that filename to determine what product (or page) record it's associated with. Which it sounds like you are currently doing.
cyoung

Return to User Forum