Discount per product based on price

General ShopSite user discussion

Discount per product based on price

Postby MgmtSpec » Mon May 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi all,

This is a bit complex. We have retail prices on Shopsite. Over 1,000 products. I want to let my wholesalers buy online. Ideally, they would login to their account in my ShopSite store and would get the discount when adding items to cart or by entering a coupon code. Here is the tricky part. The discount will vary based on the cost of the product. For example under $200 would be 80%. A product over 200 up to 400 would be 60% off. (yes the discount is smaller as $ amount increases as the markup is less on more expensive items). Not the discounts are not cumulative they are PER product based on that product price. There are only 4 price brackets so I imagine I could do 4 coupons and assign the products to coupon based on the price. The challenge is the wholesaler has to possibly enter multiple codes. Adds some complexity. I don't really want to create a duplicate store either. Unfortunately, some wholesalers will order multiple items that will require multiple different discounts. Just wondering if there is a better solution.
MgmtSpec

Re: Discount per product based on price

Postby MgmtSpec » Mon May 06, 2019 12:12 pm

I'm going to test this...

Coupons assigned to customer groups will be automatically applied to eligible customers who sign in. For example, you may want to create a Gold Customers group for your best customers, and assign a 10% discount coupon to that group. Your Gold Customers would then always get a 10% discount whenever they sign in to make a purchase.

If I can set up the 4 coupons and auto apply that would do it.

Open to other ideas/suggestions
MgmtSpec

Re: Discount per product based on price

Postby MgmtSpec » Mon May 06, 2019 1:57 pm

FYI That did appear to work!
MgmtSpec

Return to User Forum