Apple Pay Question

General ShopSite user discussion

Apple Pay Question

Postby lneibauer » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:51 am

I am going to attempt to set up Apple Pay on our site, I have read the documentation contained within the Shopsite knowledge base and it seems pretty straight forward. We currently use Authorize.net as our Credit card processor and in the commerce section of ShopSite, (backend), it is set for Authorize.net AIM (Legacy). I seem to remember when I started to read up on this last year that we could not use any of the Authorize.net Legacy settings. However I can't find this documented anywhere.

I am sure people are using Apple Pay and before I start down this road I wanted to see if anyone has had any issues or can give me some additional guidance

Thanks in advance
lneibauer

Re: Apple Pay Question

Postby loren_d_c » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:33 pm

Apple Pay requires using the new Authorize.Net gateway, the one that doesn't say 'Legacy'. If you don't have that gateway configured, then when you go to configure Apple Pay you'll see this warning at the top:

"Apple Pay transactions are executed through Authorize.NET. Enable and configure Authorize.NET to use Apple Pay."

-Loren
loren_d_c

Re: Apple Pay Question

Postby lneibauer » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:45 pm

thank you for confirming that, I know I read it somewhere just could not find where I read that....
lneibauer

Return to User Forum