Apple Pay Woes

General ShopSite user discussion

Apple Pay Woes

Postby lneibauer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:14 pm

I am desperate for some Apple Pay help. When we stood up our site (in 2006), we were using Authorize.net (AIM Legacy) to process credit cards. Last Tuesday I switched the credit card processor to the non-legacy Authorize.net so we can start to accept Apple Pay. This morning I followed the instructions from shopsite to set up Apple Pay and everything looks good, on Apple devices I get the little Apple Pay icon. When I attempt to to pay for an item using Apple Pay it starts to process the transaction and then after 30 to 45 seconds I get a generic error message on my phone that says "this website was not able to complete the payment. Please try again" I talked to Lexiconn and they can see the transaction going out and they get a code 200 which I was told that is good but that is all they see. I then called Authorize.net and they were less then helpful and told me that their integration only supports IOS Mobil Apps not website. I don't think that is the case but since they don't see any incoming transactions they were just not that helpful

Can anyone give me some additional advice on how I can troubleshoot this or what to ask Lexiconn or ask Authorize.net. I just don't know where to go from here

I would certainly appreciate any help in this matter

Frustrated........ :evil:
lneibauer

Re: Apple Pay Woes

Postby ShopSite David » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:14 pm

Tried to see the error but it looks like you have turned off ApplePay. Can you reenable it?
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Postby lneibauer » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:03 am

Apple Pay was turned back on as requested. Thanks for your help in this matter
lneibauer

Postby lneibauer » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:38 pm

Just wanted to give everyone an update, As it turned out we had a credit card processor issue, we had to uncheck "Decrease PCI Scope" in the Authorize.net config screen. Once that took place it solved our Credit Card processor issues. After doing all that I re-did Part 2 of the setup form the Shopsite Apple Pay document and everything started to work. I want to thank Shopsite David for all his help with this process, without him I could not have figured this out. :D
lneibauer

Return to User Forum