Error in Cookbook on Enchanced Analytics?

General ShopSite user discussion

Error in Cookbook on Enchanced Analytics?

Postby Rgkopchak » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:46 am

I posted a few questions here: https://forums.shopsite.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11450 but did not get a response. I'm trimming the less important issues and reposting in hopes of clearing somethings up.

Referencing the cookbook: https://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/ga-enhanced-ecommerce.html

Quick questions. 1) In the screen grab, there are only three funnel steps listed. Should there be a fourth called "Thank you?"

Also, in the code listed to copy and paste into the include file is:

Code: Select all
[-- ELSE_IF VAR.SubType "thankyou" --]ga('ec:addProduct', products);ga('ec:setAction', 'checkout', {'step': 4});ga('ec:setAction', 'purchase', {
'id': ss_ordernum,
'affiliation': 'KnivesPlus.com',
'revenue': ss_ordertotal,
'tax': ss_taxtotal,
'shipping': ss_shiptotal
});

affiliation is listed as 'KnivesPlus.com' that can't be correct, can it? What should be the field be listed as? I don't see a variable that would work, so I'm assuming I should just fill in my store name?

Thank you
Rgkopchak

Re: Error in Cookbook on Enchanced Analytics?

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:51 am

3 or 4 steps - You only need to list the steps that the customer needs to take to get to the completed purchase. The completed purchase page (thank you page) is not a step, but the destination. Also, you don't need to include the confirmation step if you don't use that one in your store.

store name - yes you will want to replace the "knivesplus.com" with your store name.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Re: Error in Cookbook on Enchanced Analytics?

Postby Rgkopchak » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:54 am

Great, thanks! I do have confirmation enabled, so I think if I set it up as displayed in the cookbook, I should be good.
Rgkopchak

Return to User Forum