automatically generated emails

General ShopSite user discussion

automatically generated emails

Postby lneibauer » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:56 pm

I was just wondering if anyone else is see this issue. The automatically generated emails from the "thank you" screen seem to be going to everyone's junk folder. the problem seems to be getting worse and worse and with the newest shopsite upgrade it had gotten really bad. We use Lexiconn as our hosting provider and are using their email server, are more people switching to Google or some other email provider for these automatically generated emails. I am just wondering if other people have notcied this and what they are doing to fix the issue. Thanks in advance.
lneibauer

Re: automatically generated emails

Postby loren_d_c » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:13 pm

E-commerce emails in general are going to seem kind of spammy, everyone is trying to sell something. However, one thing I would recommend checking is 1) whether your webserver is sending out the emails via an encrypted TLS connection if possible (gives a little extra credibility to it) and 2) check if your domain name has a SPF record in its DNS record and if it does see if it includes the IP address(es) of your webserver in the allowed IP list. From the ShopSite end, you can try switching to Text email receipts instead of HTML. And in 14 sp1 you can configure ShopSite to connect to an SMTP server instead of them going out directly from the webserver where ShopSite is hosted.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Re: automatically generated emails

Postby lneibauer » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:57 pm

Thank you I will check on these items tomorrow. Thanks
lneibauer

Return to User Forum