Shopsite and Mailchimp

General ShopSite user discussion

Shopsite and Mailchimp

Postby lneibauer » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:35 pm

We just started to use mailchimp today. We have had about 20 or so orders since we got the CNAME at Lexiconn modified but only 4 contacts actually came into mailchimp. The times were all spread out. Got a few around the same time and then a gap for a few hours and then nothing. Anyone have any idea why this might be happening? does it take a while for the CNAME to propigate? I am just very confusing on why some of the contacts are coming into the mailchimp. We have not imported out names from the older lexiconn Active campaign system yet, we wanted to make sure the new system was working. It does seem like all the names or at least 99% of them came into the older Active campaign system, that is still operational. Anyone have any thoughts?
lneibauer

Re: Shopsite and Mailchimp

Postby cyoung » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:49 pm

Contacts aren't added to Mailchimp when the orders are placed, they are added later when the merchant accesses the backoffice (same applies if using Constant Contact).

Also, if the shopper doesn't check the 'add me to your email list' box (or unchecks it, if the default is checked), the contact won't be added to the list.

Additionally, if the shopper had been on the list previously but been removed (or unsubscribed), then Mailchimp may not allow it to be re-added.
cyoung

Re: Shopsite and Mailchimp

Postby lneibauer » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:19 am

Thanks for the reply, we did find the problem and it was with one of the Shopsite tags. I had a Homer Simpson moment and forgot to put it in. All is good now.

D'oh
lneibauer

Return to User Forum