bad search messaging

General ShopSite user discussion

bad search messaging

Postby gourmetdelights » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:53 pm

Running ShopSite® Pro 14.0 r3.5 hosted by Lexiconn (great host by the way if you are looking for one! I have tried others, they are heads and shoulders above, but I digress....)

https://gourmet-delights.com is my site

Using SEARCH, say for "mustard" and choosing an OUT OF STOCK mustard (Black Truffle Mustard) to "Add to cart" , I get the EXPECTED pop up "Product: Dijon Truffle Mustard
We are sorry but this item is sold out."

So I click "Continue Shopping" which makes the pop up window disappear, and my search results still in front of me.

I choose an IN STOCK mustard (Walnut Dijon) to "Add to cart", and I get a the pop up BUT it says "Product: Dijon Truffle Mustard
We are sorry but this item is sold out." So this is an ERROR if someone is not reading carefully. YES the Walnut Mustard gets added to the cart, but the pop-up is warning people about "out of stock" for the previous truffle mustard.

Anytime a customer sees any type of error, they are prone to leave the site thinking the site is broken. So it would be nice if that out of stock for Truffle mustard was only generated once, when you try to add the truffle mustard, and does not keep showing up as you add other products that are in stock.
http://gourmet-delights.com
Exceptional Foods at Realistic Prices
We ship worldwide
FREE shipping to all US States, Territories, AP/AE
gourmetdelights

Re: bad search messaging

Postby cyoung » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:59 am

There have been two major ShopSite releases (and several maintenance releases) since the version you are running. We recommend that you ask Lexiconn to upgrade you to the latest version and let us know if this is still an issue.
cyoung

Postby FredW » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:29 am

I will admit I'm confused.

Gourmetdelights wrote: "Running ShopSite® Pro 14.0 r3.5 hosted by Lexiconn"

I also use Lexiconn to host our ShopSite pro site. They, and ShopSite, say the latest release is R14.0 sp2. I don't understand how Gourmetdelights runs 14.0 R3.5 when there is no mention of it existing on ShopSite's site, nor Lexicoonn's.

Cyoung wrote: "There have been two major ShopSite releases (and several maintenance releases) since the version you are running." This sounds incorrect.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,
Fred
FredW

Postby loren_d_c » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:48 am

Fred,

14.0 sp2 is the latest version, and it's newer than 14.0 r3.5.

r3.5 is a maintenance release for the original 14.0 version. 14.0 sp2 is a newer version containing additional features. If there were to be a future maintenance release for 14.0 sp2 it would be something like 14.0 sp2 r1, etc.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby FredW » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:09 pm

Thanks, Loren.

I figured I missed something.
FredW

Return to User Forum