Apply Pay Question

General ShopSite user discussion

Apply Pay Question

Postby lneibauer » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:30 am

All we have been using Apple Pay for about 2 years now. After some minor issues with the initial setup everything has been working fine. My current Apple certificate is about to expire in 2 weeks.

I have 2 Questions:
1) has anyone else gone through this process yet?
2) can I just update the old merchant ID with the new CSR information and re-download the updated Apple CSR/PEM file to upload to Shopsite or do I need to create a whole new Merchant ID?

if you need to know we use Authorize.net as our credit card provider.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
lneibauer

Re: Apply Pay Question

Postby jrasmussen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:57 pm

I had to do this in May of 2020. To do this you would need to generate the new CSR file in ShopSite, upload it to Apple, download the PEM file from Apple and upload that one into ShopSite. It is slightly easier than the initial setup process but you still need to be sure the correct files are uploaded. Using the file date to make sure you get the newest one when uploading makes it easy.
jrasmussen

Re: Apply Pay Question

Postby lneibauer » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:43 am

Thank you,
I did have to break the existing CSR and recreate the merchant certificate on the Apple side. it took me a whole 10 minutes to do.

I was trying to see if there was a way to create the new merchant certificate without breaking the old certificate. You know potential loss of sales and all.

BTW: the documentation in Shopsite is pretty much spot on on how to do this with Authorize.net.

Thanks all
lneibauer

Return to User Forum