Add To Cart To See Price?

General ShopSite user discussion

Add To Cart To See Price?

Postby koryb1 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:37 pm

I thought I recalled that ShopSite had added functionality to have a product's Sale Price appear only in the Shopping Cart, but I don't see how to set that up. Is my memory failing me or is that possible?

Some of our competitors have moved to a "See Sale Price In Shopping Cart" model to get around manufacturers' MAP limitations, and we want to explore this option for some products as well.

Thanks in advance!

Kory
koryb1

Re: Add To Cart To See Price?

Postby cyoung » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:39 pm

koryb1,

The way that the price appears, depends on the template/theme. You could customize the product template or hire a third party designer to customize the template for you.
Here is a link to some ShopSite Certified Designers: https://www.shopsite.com/csd.html

Another option would be under Products> select a product> ...> Edit Product Layout> Price Toggle>

You can include the list price in the product name or description if you want, set the products regular price field to the sale amount, and under Edit Product Layout settings uncheck the Price Toggle, so it will not display the price on any of the store pages except in the cart and checkout.

Edit Product Layout Help: https://help.shopsite.com/help/14.0.3/en-US/sc/pro/edit.product.layout.html

Note: You can check the Price Toggle to show or uncheck to not show the price on your store pages. However, the Sale Price Toggle check turns the Sale Price on and off, rather than just managing if it is displayed or not.
Older templates may not support this setting.
cyoung

Re: Add To Cart To See Price?

Postby koryb1 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:02 pm

Thank you for the suggestions!
koryb1

Return to User Forum