How to add tabs beside 'Home' tab

General ShopSite user discussion

How to add tabs beside 'Home' tab

Postby David Anton » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:04 am

I just upgraded our shopping cart to use the 'Trend' theme and I see that there is a single tab created called 'Home'.
I'd like to add a few tabs, but I don't see anywhere in ShopSite settings where these are created (can't even find the 'Home' tab details).

Also, what needs to be done to get "Page Header and Footer" (in Preferences/Layout Settings) to work? Nothing I enter here shows up after publishing.

I'm using ShopSite Manager version 12.
David Anton

Re: How to add tabs beside 'Home' tab

Postby cyoung » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:34 am

We recommend using one of our responsive/mobile friendly themes. All of the themes released in version 12 or newer are responsive. Here is a list of all the themes and when they were released: https://www.shopsite.com/templates/cookbook/builtintemplates.shtml
The Trend theme was released in version 11 sp2, and is not responsive.

The Navigation is controlled under Preferences> Navigation>
Navigation Help: https://help.shopsite.com/help/12.3/en-US/sc/mgr/navigation.html

If you haven’t setup the navigation the Home link will often appear without being setup. Anything you setup will replace this.

Are you seeing any permissions errors when you publish? That theme shouldn’t have an issue displaying the header and footer fields from the layout settings. If you aren’t seeing the changes I’d suspect that there is either a delay or a settings issue with your hosting server.

You can contact ShopSite Support by phone or email 801-705-4100, info-team@shopsite.com. We’d be happy to take a look at your site.
cyoung

Re: How to add tabs beside 'Home' tab

Postby David Anton » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:20 pm

Thanks - that solved the tabs issue !

For the other issue, I have text entered into Preferences / Layout Settings 'Header' and it doesn't show at all.
I don't think it's a delay issue, since the tabs issue was reflected instantly.
David Anton

Return to User Forum