Display Weight

General ShopSite user discussion

Display Weight

Postby MgmtSpec » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:01 am

Hello,
I have 2 problems I'm trying to fix.

1) I can't get product weight to show on the search results page.
The weight shows on the MORE INFO page.
I use a custom template and have in the [-- DEFINE PRODUCT --] section
<td style="text-align:right">Weight:</td><td>[-- PRODUCT.Weight --]</td>
I have the same code in a custom include for the [-- DEFINE MORE_INFO_PAGE --]

See more info page:
https://www.floridatorqueconverters.com/Torque-Converter-77-4543.html

And do a "Enter Part or Transmission Or Make & Model Below:" at https://www.floridatorqueconverters.com/home.html
for: 77-4543

2) All the "More info" page extra fields text is centered. I would like to left align.
I can't figure out where in the search template to fix this.

Appreciate any help.
MgmtSpec

Re: Display Weight

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:45 pm

1. The search result pages can have a different product template assigned. You will want to go to Preferences > Search Settings > Search Layout, and see what product template is being used on your search result pages to make sure you add the product.weight template tag to that product template (and yes, it goes in the [-- DEFINE PRODUCT --] section of that template).

2. Looks like you got the alignment issue fixed. When I go to this page (https://www.floridatorqueconverters.com/Torque-Converter-77-4543.html), all the text is left aligned.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby MgmtSpec » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:45 am

Thanks Lauren!
That helped point me in the right direction.
I had Product template override set in my Search Layout settings I needed to update.
Still have an issue with extra product fields being centered in search results page.
I did set up a custom template for search -wonder if the center is coming from a class?

Here's the main part
[-- IF PAGE.DisplayName --] <h1 id="bbnme">[--Store.SearchResults --]: [-- SearchString --]</h1>[-- END_IF --]
[-- IF PAGE.Text1 --] <div id="bbtext1" class="bbtext">[-- PAGE.Text1 --]</div>[-- END_IF --]
[-- IF SEARCHTOP --]<div id="bb-searchtop">[-- SEARCHRESULT_FORM FORM_ONLY --][-- IF SearchResultPrevNext --]<div class="bb-searchpgs">[-- SearchPrevNext --]</div>[-- END_IF --][-- IF SearchResultCount --]<div class="half bb-searchcount">[-- SearchResultsPerPage --][-- SearchResultCount--]</div>[-- END_IF --][-- IF SearchSortBy --]<div class="half bb-searchsort">[-- SearchSortBy --]</div>[-- END_IF --]</form><div class="clear"></div></div>[-- END_IF --]
<div id="bblpprods" class="loop[-- VAR.Cols --][-- IF PAGE.DisplayColumnBorders --] borders[-- END_IF --]"><ul id="bb-loopproducts" class="bb-loopheight">[-- VAR.YayResults "false" --][-- VAR.Count 0 --][-- LOOP SEARCH --][-- IF SEARCHPRODUCT --]</li><li class="prod bb-matchheight">[-- END_IF --][-- SEARCHRESULT --][-- IF SEARCHPRODUCT --][-- IF VAR.MoreInfo "no" --]<span class="bb-srp">[-- Store.SearchResultPage --]</span>[-- END_IF --][-- IF VAR.Count EQ VAR.MaxCount --][-- VAR.Count 0 --][-- END_IF --][-- END_IF --][-- VAR.YayResults "true" --][-- END_LOOP SEARCH --]</li></ul><div class="clear"></div></div>
[-- IF VAR.YayResults "false" --]<div id="bb-noresults">[-- STORE.SearchNoResults --] [-- SEARCHSTRING --]</div>[-- ELSE --]<div class="clear"></div>[-- END_IF --]
[-- IF VAR.QuantityPricing "yes" --]<span id="bb-qpflag">[-- Store.QuantityPricingFlag --] [-- Store.QuantityPricingMsg --]</span>[-- END_IF --]
[-- IF VAR.Variableproduct "yes" --]<span id="bb-vpflag">[-- Store.VariablePricingFlag --] [-- Store.VariablePricingMsg --]</span>[-- END_IF --]
[-- IF SEARCHBOTTOM --]<div id="bb-searchbottom">[-- SEARCHRESULT_FORM FORM_ONLY --][-- IF SearchResultCount --]<div class="half bb-searchcount">[-- SearchResultsPerPage --][-- SearchResultCount--]</div>[-- END_IF --][-- IF SearchSortBy --]<div class="half bb-searchsort">[-- SearchSortBy --]</div>[-- END_IF --]<div class="clear"></div>[-- IF SearchResultPrevNext --]<div class="bb-searchpgs">[-- SearchPrevNext --]</div>[-- END_IF --]</form></div>[-- END_IF --]
[-- IF PAGE.Text2 --] <div id="bbtext2" class="bbtext">[-- PAGE.Text2 --]</div>[-- END_IF --]
[-- IF PAGE.Text3 --] <div id="bbtext3" class="bbtext">[-- PAGE.Text3 --]</div>[-- END_IF --]
MgmtSpec

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:50 pm

Looks like no alignment is being specified for the extra fields. You could add some new CSS to specify the alignment, or add a class to the <td> in the [-- DEFINE PRODUCT --] section of the template used on the search results screen. For example:

<td>Make/Model</td>
<td class="text-left">[-- PRODUCT.FieldX --]</td>
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Return to User Forum