Google Feed error for minimum quantity of item

General ShopSite user discussion

Google Feed error for minimum quantity of item

Postby lneibauer » Wed May 04, 2022 12:36 pm

I am not sure if this can be fixed or not but I figured I would ask. We have several items on our website that we do not sell in pack quantities and we allow you to purchase the item as a single but we also require you to purchase at least x amount of the item to start.

Example: We sell a bookmark as a single individual item but we require you to purchase at least 12 to start but if you need 14 or 17 you can purchase the extra 2 or 5 bookmarks, you don't need to purchase another pack of 12. We are using the minimum quantity field in shopsite.

That said when you send the item to good we are getting a google merchant center error that says "Update your product's price in your product data to match the price on your landing page". Does anyone know of a way to fix this error within shopsite?

I understand this is probably a Google issue but has anyone run into this on their site and is there something we can do to fix this?
lneibauer

Re: Google Feed error for minimum quantity of item

Postby cyoung » Thu May 05, 2022 10:39 am

According to Google, the price in the feed should be the minimum that someone could purchase the product for, i.e. the regular (or sale) price times the minimum quantity. A fix was made in 14 sp3 r2 to make that the
case:

https://support.shopsite.com/KBase/questions/2598/

"* fixes an issue with the Google Shopping feeds where the Minimum Quantity setting for an item wasn't reflected in the Price or Weight in the feed."

If you already have this latest version and have submitted the feed since the upgrade and still get this Google error, then you should report that as a false error report to Google and point out to them you have a minimum quantity. Note: other merchants were getting Google errors when the minimum quantity WASN'T accounted for, which is why the change was made.
cyoung

Re: Google Feed error for minimum quantity of item

Postby lneibauer » Thu May 05, 2022 12:03 pm

thank you, We are already on version 14 sp3 r2 and the feed was pushed a few days ago. We push the Google shopping feed weekly. I will need to communicate the minimum quantity with Google then because I am still getting the error

thanks
lneibauer

Return to User Forum