Authorize.net AIM Legacy - deprecated - Upgrade?

General ShopSite user discussion

Authorize.net AIM Legacy - deprecated - Upgrade?

Postby Metolius Climbing » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:57 pm

We run Authorize.net AIM Legacy, it is now listed as 'deprecated'. I have looked into the Authorize.net upgrade and they just sent me to a developer website with code. Seems way more complicated than the AIM set-up. I see Authorize.net as the top option in the patient gateway, but can't find any info and don't want to just start clicking things. Already checked the Shopsite help site, no info on this option, just AIM and SIM.
Metolius Climbing

Re: Authorize.net AIM Legacy - deprecated - Upgrade?

Postby cyoung » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:32 pm

The newer Authorize.net integration, is already integrated in ShopSite (it was added way back in the initial ShopSite 14.0). You can switch to it in Commerce Setup > Payment. It's the 'Authorize.Net' method that doesn't include 'AIM' or 'SIM' in the label. It uses the same 'API Login ID' and 'Transaction Key' as the old AIM method you are using, but requires one additional authentication piece called 'Public Client Key' which you can get from Authorize.net. Getting the documentation for configuring this method is as easy as clicking the '?' icon on the config screen (all backoffice screens have context sensitive help), here's the direct link for your version:
https://help.shopsite.com/help/14.0.3/en-US/sc/pro/payment.anetaccept.html

Your hosting service has plenty of merchants using Authorize.net, and should be able to help you.
cyoung

Return to User Forum