Shopsite Email Service Configuration with IONOS.com

General ShopSite user discussion

Shopsite Email Service Configuration with IONOS.com

Postby jlocana1 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:04 pm

Hello everyone:

Thanks for seeing this problem! Does anyone have a problem with IONOS.com regarding the ShopSite email service configuration ports? On January 29, 2024, IONOS.com changed the SMTP ports. It is now port 465 SSL/TLS or 587 STARTTLS.

Before I had port 25 ssl/tls and it was working fine. When you see the Shopsite Pro control panel in the Preference and Hosting Service menu, below you will see the email settings where you can enter the SMTP port and your email and password. But when I enter the port recommended by Ionos.com support (ports 587 STARTTLS and 465 SSl/TLS), in Shopsite, they do not work. Even when I click on test and the message "Test Email Succeeded" appears, my customers do not receive the receipt email when they purchase.

Additionally, when you forget the password you do not receive the email and I have to do it manually.

I have tried all ports and different ways but it doesn't work. I have spoken to IONOS.com support 4 times and they all tell me that they are fine and to contact Shopsite. My local Outlook on my computer works fine with SMTP port 465 SSL/TLS or 587 STARTTLS but when the orders come in, the system sends me an email with the warning "Error details: A problem occurred sending an order notification to the merchant. 55: Failed sending data to the peer

Does anyone have IONOS.com to know if they have the same problem or is it another SMTP port? Thank you so much.

My version of Shopsite Pro is on Linux ShopSite® 64-bit Pro 14.0 sp3 r2. Sorry for my english this is a translator

Very Respectfully & Honestly :D

Jose
jlocana1

Re: Shopsite Email Service Configuration with IONOS.com

Postby loren_d_c » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:25 pm

Under Commerce Setup > Order System > Email make sure you don't still have the 'Use Shopper's email address for the "new order" FROM/REPLY (legacy setting, not recommended)' option selected in the 'SPAM and DMARC filters' setting. If it is, try one of the other options.

In general, having the emails generated by ShopSite come FROM some email address other than the domain of your store is now going to be problematic since receiving mail servers are now checking things like SPF to make sure that if something says it is FROM @somedomain.com that it actually came from that email domain's servers. So nowadays the FROM address has to be from your own email domain so that it can validate when sent from your hosting account where ShopSite is located.
loren_d_c

Postby jlocana1 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:57 pm

Wow Loren thank you so much. Long time don't see you by email. This is Jose from Puerto Rico. I change to this option SPAM and DMARC filters setting

Jose
jlocana1

Postby jlocana1 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:47 am

Now It work thanks, but when receive the order by email the reply email from customer don't show. Only show my business email. I have to copy and paste the customer email to reply them. I try both option in the SPAM and DMARC filters section, the optimize and the specific email and both do the same.

Please any advice?

Jose
jlocana1

Postby jlocana1 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:23 pm

Hurraaaa! Was fix now!! Now when reply to customer show the email. May be was the server replication slow after the changes.

Thanks a lot Shopsite / Loren☺ Loren see you later by email we are waiting the new ShopSite Upgrade to version 15 YEsssssssssss

Jose
Puerto Rico
jlocana1

Return to User Forum