Removal of tables from all "software" generated pa

General ShopSite user discussion

Removal of tables from all "software" generated pa

Postby elsparkodiablo » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:50 pm

I'm transitioning over to CSS and am having massive problems because the software has tables hard coded into several of it's routines, such as product columns, option finite text pulldowns, and page links.

The page links and product columns I can work around, simply by "cheating" the templates and fooling them into just inserting the <TR> or <TR><TD> into a preformatted table that sits empty.

Unfortunately, the option finite text dropdowns I can do nothing about. Even worse, I can't seem to even set the width or alignment for this table, without also setting the alignment for every other table on that page to the same - and it won't allow "center", only "right" or "left".

C'mon guys.
elsparkodiablo

Postby JeremeD » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:05 pm

Working with the system when it outputs code you don't have control over can be frustrating but there are ways around it.

A good example is the order options dropdowns you mentioned.

Using this code:

Code: Select all
<?PHP
$replaceArray = array('<table><tr>','<td align=left>','</td>','</tr>','</table>');
echo trim(str_replace($replaceArray,'','[-- Order_Option_Menu LINE --]'));
?>

You can easily strip off the table that contains the dropdowns. You can use this same technique to remove whatever html you want from just about anything on the regular pages or product pages.

Of course if you just want to have better control over the order options table, you can always wrap the tag in a DIV like this:

Code: Select all
<div id="orderOptions">
[-- Order_Option_Menu LINE --]
</div>

Then you have access to all these styles to work with:

div#orderOptions
div#orderOptions td
div#orderOptions table
div#orderOptions select
SD360.com
Certified ShopSite Designer
ShopSite Templates Available Now