Using a site redesign for another site

General ShopSite user discussion

Using a site redesign for another site

Postby extragear » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:55 am

Greetings:

Recently we had one of our sites redesigned (New templates, a few new features) by one of the Shopsite designers. We are happy with the results.

We have two other websites that need a makeover. One is a Shopsite based site and the other is a non-Shopsite based site that we are switching over to Shopsite.

To save money, we want to use the templates and features from the recently redesigned site for these other two sites. We'll change the content, use different products and tweak the CSS to give it a slightly different look.

For these two sites, we've had demo accounts setup.

But, I am curious what would be the best way to identify all the site specific files that would need to be copied from the redesigned site to these two demo sites?

Here is a list of folder/files I came up with:

1. All product, page, cart and include files that are new within the redesigned site
2. CSS files
3. Any javascript or PHP files
4. Image files pertaining to buttons and icons associated with the new templates
5. Do a comparison via FTP of the redesigned site and the demo site. See what folder and files are missing.
6. I realize we can also look at the templates and see what files are referenced within the templates.
7. Open the backend of the redesigned site and one of the demo sites and go through all the preferences, etc.. and copy the settings over. (Well, most of the settings)

Is there a more scientific/accurate way of going about this?

Thanks

Tim
Belden Motosport
extragear

Return to User Forum