Add new advanced options fields to Power Edit

General ShopSite user discussion

Add new advanced options fields to Power Edit

Postby CarolA » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:04 pm

There are fields that are part of "advanced options" that apply still at the SKU level, that could be edited using Power Edit. Except they aren't included in the Power Edit list of fields. For instance, "Use Cascading Menus". thanks.
CarolA

Re: Add new advanced options fields to Power Edit

Postby Jim » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:36 pm

If you select the field "Option Menu Text" from the Information field when Power Editing you will see the box where you can enter the Pull-down menu options. If the product you selected is still in basic mode then there will be an Advanced Options button which when clicked will display all the fields for the Advanced options. If the product you selected already had the Advanced options feature enabled then you will see all the fields dealing with the advanced options.

Is that not what you are seeing?
Jim
Site Admin

Postby CarolA » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi Jim. I do see that. So, I want to update just the "use cascading menus" field, from checked to unchecked in every sku. I select all my items, select PowerEdit, then select Option Menu Text. It grabs ALL the advanced options data from my first item, including the colors and sizes, qty on hand values, sku append values, everything. And says it will update all items with all of this information. I'm reading that to say it's now going to take my first item's color, sizes, quantities, etc, and replace all of my other items with all of that. That's not what I want to do. I just want to change that one field value.
thanks.
CarolA

Postby Jim » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:05 pm

You are correct that it would replace all of your products with everything that is in that area. So if you only want to change that one value DO NOT use Power Edit.

I think the best way to accomplish what you want to do is through a database upload. The field for the "Use Cascading Menus (note menus will only display on More Info pages.)" checkbox is called "Option Use Multi Menus" in the upload/download file. If you go to Utilites > Database > Download and select the Products radio button. Click the Download button and choose the Simple Tab-delimited text file format Version 10.2. In the Download fields are select the Selected Fields Only and click the Select button

The left box is a list of all the possible fields and the right box is a list of those to be downloaded. You can move items between the two sides using the Add and Remove buttons. Select just the Name, Sku and Options Use Multi Menus and put them in the right side box and remove everything else from the right side box. Click Ok.

Now enter a file name in the Download file name field and click Proceed. Save the file to your local machine.

Edit the file in either a text editor or spreadsheet program and add the word "checked" (without the quotes) in the Option Use Multi Menus column. Save the file.

Before you upload the just edited file I recommend that you backup the database by going to Utilites > Database > Backup.

Now you can upload the database file using Utilities > Database > Upload and the box will be checked for those products.

Note that any products that do not already have the Advanced options enabled will not have the value checked because it doesn't exist for those products.

I'll enter an enhancement request to have the field editable separately under Power Edit.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to User Forum